- Anywhere -
- Remote -
About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is currently seeking out a front end Ruby on Rails/ React Engineer to join the product team to build out amazing, creative features within our software to aid in making Design Pickle the most helpful, creative company in the world. If you’re excited at the opportunity to improve user experience primarily within the Ruby and React framework, please read on!
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle isn’t your average VC funded, grow-at-all-costs-for-the-TechCrunch-feature type of company. We’re self-funded, hard-working, creative-loving, and a beautifully diverse group of people from around the world.
Do we love pickles too? Most of us but don’t stress. If pickles aren’t your thing, it is not a deal breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though. Your unique self helps make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who
- Have at least 2 or more years of Ruby on Rails experience in a professional setting or relevant equivalent
- Have a proven track record of getting things done, you’re organized as hell and completely goal and project oriented
- Know how to handle high volume, consumer-facing websites. Even better if you have worked on subscription based sites or SaaS business structure
- Excel at working independently and as a member of a small team
- Possess the ability to clearly communicate and identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate solutions with code
- Can show a breadth of technical knowledge which you use to contribute to the direction of other professional environments and developmental processes
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast growing company, roles always evolve. However we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Develop features using maintainable, readable, modular, and easy to change code
- Release code that is free of errors
- Continue to learn new technologies and techniques to improve the existing code base
- Revamp features within our platform such as our request form, file delivery system, and our stock image offering
- You will do equal parts work fixing up existing functionality and building new features
- Your primary focus will be on the front end (one of our sites is 100% Ruby on Rails, and another site has a React front-end and Rails back-end)
Benefits, Compensation & Perks
Specifics will be discussed with qualified applicants.
Additionally we offer:
- Uncapped PTO
- Remote-work flexibility
- World-class creative office
- In-office gym
- Paid training & personal development
- Health insurance
- Pet insurance
- New parent leave
- Team retreats, social events & adventures
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate graphic design company in the world serving tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 Design Pickle ranked on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We are Friendly,
Tenaciously solve challenging problems with Smart-Working solutions,
Engage the marketplace and each other guided by Truth,
And approach every day with a Service mindset.
Design Pickle delivers:
- Services Our core graphic design solutions for businesses large and small
- Content Original and stock media for creators
- Software Experiences for clients, designers, and agencies to leverage ecosystem
- Experiences Live events and more to further expand our clients and their businesses
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you thank you in advance for your application!