- Remote -
- - Varies on experience
WP White Security is a young development company that develops high-quality security and admin WordPress plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 150,000 websites and are used by world renowned businesses such as Disney, Amazon, and Intel!
We are still a small team, however, we have a large customer base. So there is a lot of room to grow within the company (more about us here).
You will be leading the development of our WordPress plugins portfolio. Your tasks will span from designing new features, writing code and bug fixing, expecting that new and changed code is thoroughly tested and well documented.
You will also help the other developers, conduct code reviews of their code, test your own code and that of others, interact with our support team and helping them solve customer issues, and interact with the rest of the team for knowledge sharing and product work.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Organized, methodological and can work with very little or no supervision
- 6+ years experience working as a PHP / WordPress plugin developer (mostly back end development)
- Ability to setup testing environments for testing the plugins and ability to debug technical issues
- Strong background in scalable database usage with MySQL
- Good understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) environments
- Hard working and passionate – we are a young start-up
- [BONUS] Intermediate skills in react.js and jQuery
- [BONUS] good understanding of application and WordPress security
Benefits of working for us
- Work from anywhere (during European time zone hours)
- Job security and competitive salary
- Work in a flat, small and friendly organization
- Paid educational materials (including but not limited to online courses and books)
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Long term engagement – we are looking for a committed candidate who within a few years can become a team lead and a source of knowledge
How do you apply? Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a WordPress.org profile, Github, BitBucket or other repository with example of code you have written, please include them in the email so we can take a look at them. In the email also include the answers to the following questions:
- What are your payment expectations?
- What are you looking for in your next job?