- All Remote Company -
- Remote -
Files.com is the new name for BrickFTP, a cloud storage service that has existed since 2009 and has over 1,700 paying business customers.
Our company consists of USA-based remote employees who work from home.
Our products and services are used by over 2,000 enterprises and SMBs, including Target, Canonical, UPS, Leica, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
We’re Bootstrapped, Profitable, and Growing
Our success comes from building a great service that solves problems for our customers, and our growth comes from expanding and improving our products as quickly as we can.
We believe that great products can only be built by great people. So we’re on a quest to find the smartest, most creative, and most motivated people, and create an environment in which they thrive.
We Are A Remote Company
You will work from home and have some flexibility to choose your working hours, allowing you to make time for family, recreation, vacations, or anything that is important to you.
You’ll take off 11 company-wide holidays per year as well as 20 days of PTO for vacations. You’ll have the time to take longer vacations and have fun.
You’ll travel to in-person meetings with your team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
We think that these in-person meetings are vital to the success of a remote team.
About the Role
Our frontend developers are responsible for all client-side code that runs in browsers and mobile apps here at Files.com. We use state-of-the-art tooling, such as React 16, Redux, Redux-Saga, and React Native on the mobile side.
We obsess about testing, code reviews, and keeping production code size low.
Files.com currently has many features that are available in its API that are not available in its frontend UIs, so a considerable part of this job will be building out new features and releasing them to customers as soon as they’re ready.
Here are some example projects that our Frontend Developers have worked on recently or will work on soon:
- Rebuilding our internal CRM dashboard in React.
- Building a browser-based file uploader that works in all browsers, supports resume, and is able to automatically detect the closest server for uploading.
- Building notification panes that show “push notifications” to our users about updates to their files or workflows.
- Enhancing our security by adding several new Two-Factor Authentication methods, such as U2F, SMS, and Yubikey.
- 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Experience building and delivering React/Redux applications that have seen actual production usage.
- Understanding of the language features of ES6 and ES8.
- Understanding of common browser APIs and recent extensions to the HTTP protocol as they relate to frontend development.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with at least one major Redux side effect library such as Redux-Thunk, Redux-Saga, Redux-Loop (We use Redux-Saga).
- Contributions to major open source projects.
Our Core Beliefs
Here are just some of our Core Beliefs:
We believe that the best Engineers tend to be polyglots with a wide variety of programming language experience. We don’t hire for specific programming language skills, but rather look for engineers who are fluent in several programming languages. We want our staff to be adaptable and ready to evolve to what’s next.
We believe that open-source only works if companies give back. If you work on any open-source projects during the course of your work at Files.com, you are encouraged to submit your improvements as a pull request back to the upstream project. And if you build something from scratch while working here that’s generic and not related to our core products, we want you to release that on GitHub too. We’ll also pay your travel costs to any conference where you can get a speaking gig.
We believe in building products that we actually use ourselves. We are our own toughest critics and we put all of our products through their paces every day.
Salary, Pay, and Benefits
Files.com offers industry-leading salaries based on experience combined with unparalleled flexibility and other benefits to secure top talent.
You’ll take off 11 company-wide holidays per year as well as 20 days of PTO for vacations. Go have fun. Don’t work all the time.
We will provide you a laptop and a $1,000 signing bonus to purchase a new monitor, desk, or anything else that would help build or refresh your home office.
We’ll update your salary annually based on your performance, as reviewed by your peers.
We fully pay base plan health insurance premiums (exact plan details depend on your state of residence), and we’ll pick up the tab for 75% of your spouse or dependents if they wish to join your chosen plan. We want your family to be healthy.