- Anywhere -
- Remote -
DoubleGDP aims to create better places in the world to live, work, and play by building an end-to-end platform to connect cities and their constituents. For new cities and property developers we help attract great residents, run municipal services efficiently, improve services over time, enable trust and reduce corruption, and adopt best practices from others. For their residents we provide convenient ways to access city services, manage taxes and payments, obtain permits for businesses, events, or development, and share feedback with administrators. We believe that an integrated SaaS platform will provide the cornerstone for modern cities to grow rapidly, adapt quickly to changing needs, and be cost-effective and accountable in their delivery of excellent service. We also believe that the best way for us to deliver on this vision is through an all-remote company that empowers employees and customers through its values of results, transparency, and diversity. More about us is available at https://doublegdp.com.
We are looking for programmers with a strong interest in user satisfaction and incremental progress for the position of Front End Developer. Front end Developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, creating experiences that are responsive and easy to use, and optimizing web pages for speed, among other duties. They will create the interfaces that form the foundations for how cities will manage security and privacy, connect with their residents and stakeholders, administer modern and accountable services, and connect with a broader software ecosystem.
- Determining the structure and design of web pages
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing React, HTML, CSS, and GraphQL to write web pages
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Note: our company is all remote and you may work anywhere in the world while doing this job.