- San Francisco, CA or Remote (US Only) -
- Remote -
Use your development skills to enable scientific breakthroughs.
10x Genomics advances biology to improve human health.
10x Genomics creates hardware, chemistry and software that enables and accelerates biological research. Our software is used to determine which genes are more active in tumors, differences between diseased and healthy tissue, and which unique genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. Our goal is to make the tools that are used throughout the next decade and ultimately for the rest of this century, to better understand, and eventually conquer disease.
10x Genomics is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies in the world.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is one of the fastest growing biotech companies, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to $200M+ in 2019. Our products are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions, and have been cited in over 700 research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. 10x has over 600 employees across the world, and over 70 software engineers and computational biologists writing code.
We are looking for versatile front-end software engineers to build tools that will benefit the world.
A biological background is not required; what's more important is a good sense of priorities, an eye for detail, and a drive to ship great software to our hard-working customer base. You will learn the biology you'll need to know while working alongside our multi-disciplinary teams of biologists, chemists, computational biologists, and product leads.
- Design, build, test, and ship production-ready software.
- Work with in-house scientists to develop intuitive user interfaces for exploring scientific data.
- Create flexible, attractive web components.
- Create pages and workflows in a scientifically-focused cloud platform.
- Enhance and test modules in React-driven visualization tools.
- Collaborate with designers to iterate and implement visual design systems.
Things we’re looking for
- 3+ years shipping software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, and/or significant industry experience.
- Significant experience developing web applications in modern frameworks (React, Vue, Polymer, Angular, etc).
- Familiarity with TypeScript a plus.
- Experience with Node.js and server-side rendering a plus.
- Experience with web visualization tools (D3, Plotly, regl, three.js) a plus.