- Vancouver, BC -
We believe that video is the most powerful tool for storytelling, but not everyone has the skills to produce videos, and so we built the world’s smartest video creator using A.I. to solve this problem.
We launched Lumen5 in early 2017 and the platform rapidly grew to service over 450,000 users within three years. Our customers include many notable brands such as Forbes, Greenpeace, Economist, LinkedIn, and thousands more.
Our company is fully bootstrapped and through the hard work of our all-star team, we grew to become a multimillion dollar success without any investor funding. Recently, Lumen5 won the NVBC Venture of the Year and was recognized for being one of the fastest growing startups across all of Canada. We now have our sights set on growing our users into the millions and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us in elevating Lumen5 to the next level.
What we’re looking for
What you’ll do
- Write high-quality, maintainable and scalable code using a modern frontend stack
- Take features all the way from concept to implementation and testing
- Work with a team of passionate software developers, designers, and PMs to create experiences that users love and find incredibly valuable
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of software quality and best practices
- Ability to learn new technologies or concepts quickly and independently
- Experience building a large frontend application
- Familiarity with parts (or all!) of our stack: Pixi, ImmutableJS, webpack/es6, jest/karma
Why Work at Lumen5?
- Impact — You get to work on a product that reaches millions of people around the world. Millions of videos are created with Lumen5 and they’re shared to reach millions more.
- Challenge — Much of our work is in uncharted territories. We’re using A.I. to assist with human creativity which makes for a plethora of fascinating technical challenges.
- Growth — Being part of a fast growing startup means that you can take advantage of a constant stream of new and exciting opportunities for career advancements.
- Influence — Since we’re a small team, you’ll be extremely influential. Your opinions will always be heard and your work can make a significant difference within the company.
- Learning — Our team is comprised of experts in cutting-edge fields, so you get to work with and learn from industry leaders in business, product, and engineering (AI, NLP, WebGL).
- Culture — As part of a small team, you’ll get to know everyone personally. It’s the relationships and bonds we form that make our workdays interesting and meaningful.
- 💰 Competitive compensation and benefits
- 🏖 4 weeks paid vacation with unlimited sick days
- 🕓 Flexible work hours, work from home when you feel like it
- 🌡 Fully paid health and dental benefits
- ☕️ Office stocked with snacks, coffee, ping pong, board games, and more
- 📞 Phone bill and transit pass fully paid for
- 🎶 Premium Spotify so you can jam to your work ad-free
- 👩🍳 Lots of fun activities (bowling, cooking classes, archery tag, etc)